Wednesday 18 March 2009

what we up against



Jack discovered some possible competitor's work for this YCN brief, I found this one today so I'm going to keep a tab on our competition from now.
this one is produced purely digitally, the 3D elements were created using 3D Studio Max, and the compositing done in After Effects.
'I decided to set the ident in a pub scene, where the competitive streak in males of that age comes through in classic pub games such as pool and darts.'
I'm impressed with the quality of this animation, modelling in 3D and physic isn't easy, but the ident as whole seem to have something missing, the overall feel appear bland and did not get my attention while watching.
compare to the series of idents Jack discovered, this one seems less personal. where real video was used in the other idents they give something much more real for the viewers to relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment